Tips That Can Improve Your Website's User Experience
1. Use White Space
2. Page Speed
3. Use Attractive Calls to Action
4. Use Hyperlink Differentiation
5. Use Images Wisely
6. Include Well-Designed and Written Headings
7. Keep Your Website Consistent
8. Catch Your 404
9. Be Responsive & Mobile-Friendly
Statistics for Eye Tracking & Web Usability
- 69% of users' time is spent looking at the left half of a webpage.
- 80% users spend 80% of their time looking at the portion of the webpage that doesn’t require any scrolling.
- Logos and brands on the top left side are remembered 58.4% more than other placement areas.
- Designing an efficient website should have “Faster interactions”, “Simple user navigation” and “Increased user return satisfaction”.
- Place important content on the left side of the page that always gets attention by customers.
- Navigation bar should be across the top or on the left side, preferably across the top.
- Consider F & E eye movement patterns when writing content and image layout.
- First two paragraphs on every page should state the most important information. Do not add a lot of text as users won't read it completely.
- 79% users will search for another site to complete the task, if content is not optimized.
- 62% of companies designing websites for mobile interaction have seen increased sales.
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company.
- 50% users use mobile phone as their primary Internet sources.
- 40% of users leave a website if it loads more than 6 seconds
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when on sites that are poorly optimized for mobile.
- Nearly half of Fortune 500 websites display a clear call-to-action button that visitors will see within 3 seconds.
- 2.7 minutes average length watched on a single Internet video.
- 40% of users leave a website if it loads for more than 3 seconds.
- Dark colors are better than light colors for more traffic.
- 34% mobile usage for product search.
- 63% of searches use multiple devices to find local businesses.
- 70% consumers learn about a company through their blog rather than ads.
- 57% of online consumers will abandon a site after waiting 3seconds for a page to load.
- 80% of these people will not return. Of these almost half will go on to tell others about their negative experience.
- 86% of customers will pay more for a better customer experience.
- 12% revenue increase for “Shopzilla” with just a 400mil second improvement in website performance.
- Only 28% of words read (On an average 593 words.)
- 60% of consumers search local businesses on their smartphones.
- More than 72% tablet owners purchase online from their tablets each week
- 6 seconds - time to load website for desktop
- 12 seconds - time to load website over tablet
- 3500px height for the website
- First two paragraphs should state the most important information of the website
Design Tips & Tricks
- Limit the number of colors, stick to 2 or 3
- Make logo focal point, it is critical to branding strategy and major point of recognition
- Pay attention to text contrast, important to be readable.
- Make the most of whitespace, it can help to captivate audience and focus on essentials of the website.