How much time do people spend consuming digital media online via various computing devices? You’ll be interested to know that nearly half (49%) the time, people use their mobiles to consume digital content online. That apart, mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60% of the time spent online. Desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40%.
In this, the amount of time spend consuming digital media online differs from adults to kids and older folks. We’ve put together a number of interesting facts which will help you understand just how many people consume digital media, through what devices, at what times, how often and much more. Be sure to check out our infographic, “Digital Media Consumption – Statistics and Trends” for a detailed view of all the statistics pertaining to digital media consumption.
Infographic by- Web Design Bahrain
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
Mobile accounts for nearly half (49%) of time spent consuming digital media.
Mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60% of time spent, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40%.
Average Time Spent Per Adult Per Day
|Activity||Time spent (in hours:minutes)|
|Watching time-shifted TV||0:31|
|Using DVD/ Blue-ray device||0:09|
|Using game consoles||0:11|
|Accessing internet via computers||1:07|
|Listening to AM/FM radio||2:45|
|Using multimedia device||0:03|
While mobile apps makeup 47% of internet traffic, 8% of digital consumption traffic originates from mobile browsers.
The amount of time spent on mobile devices has grown by 20% since 2010.
The number of smartphone users will grow from 134% to 220 million by 2018.
88% of smartphone users actively engage with apps, spending 7 out of every 8 mobile minutes using various apps
56% of the time people have spent shopping on U.S. online retail sites was through mobile devices.
52% of retail site traffic now originates through tablets or smartphones.
Average Daily Screen Use By Device (In Minutes)
|Device||Daily Screen Use (In Minutes)|
78% of smartphone-based searches and 64% of tablet-based searches resulted in local purchase, when compared to 61% of PC or laptop-based searches.
More than half (57%) of smartphone users access apps every day of the month, when compared to 26% of tablet users
About 79% of smartphone users access apps for at least 26 days per month, when compared to 52% of tablet users
People spend 42% of their app time on their smartphones on their most-frequently used app. Nearly 75% of all app usage occurs on one of the individual’s top four favorite apps.
Digital video viewing has doubled from 13 minutes a day in the second quarter of 2012 to roughly 27 minutes today.
Mobile video consumption on smartphones with screens larger than 4.5 inches was 44 percent greater than that on smaller phones.