Alibaba, the famous buy-and-sell marketplace was founded by 18 people, led by a former English teacher from Hangzhou, China. On April 4, 1999, Jack Ma had a vision that took off and has provided employment for thousands of people since then. Check out our infographic, “Alibaba In Numbers – Statistics And Trends” for an in-depth look at this revolutionary online marketplace. You’ll get to understand how many people Alibaba employs, how many people use Alibaba on a daily basis and what kind of revenue Alibaba enjoys. Curious?
Infographic by GO Globe Shanghai web design Company
To Publish this Image on your Blog or Website . Copy this code
|Number of employees
||26,845 (As of June, 2014)
|Estimated number of active buyers
|Number of annual active sellers
|Gross merchandise value of Alibaba's retail marketplace
|Estimated number of annual orders in Alibaba's marketplace
|Estimated number of packages delivered from Alibaba China retail marketplace transactions
|Estimated Number of Alibaba's mobile Monthly Active Users (MAU)
- Mobile-based transactions account for an estimated 19.7% of the total GMV for Alibaba
- Alibaba accounted for 76.2% of the total mobile retail GMV in China last year.
- Alibaba’s active buyers make 52 purchases per year on average.
- Alibaba’s total sales on Singles’ Day 11/11 reached a record $9.3 billion in 2014. 42.6% of these sales came from customers using mobile devices.
- In 2014, a record number of orders (278 million) were placed, nearly twice the number of orders for 2013.
- Alibaba’s online payment platform,AliPay, accounts for roughly half of China’s online payment market.
- An estimated 54% of AliPay’s transactions during 2014’s first 10 months were from mobile devices, as compared to 22% of all payments in 2013.
- Alibaba’s sale of advertising on its marketplaces accounts for 17.3% of China’s online advertising market share in Q1, 2014.
Major Businesses Belonging To The Alibaba Group
| Business name
||Leading platform for global wholesale trade
||Leading online wholesale marketplace in China
||China's largest online shopping destination
||Online marketing technology platform
||China's largest third-party platform for brands and retailers
||Developer of platforms for cloud computing and data management
||Online group buying marketplace in China
||Global retail marketplace targeted at consumers worldwide
|Ant Financial Services Group / AliPay
||Formally established in October 2014
||AliPay is an online payment services provider.
|China Smart Logistic Network
||A logistic platform to accelerate e-commerce deliveries in China